Mahalo you all who contributed generously to the Silent Auction at the recent LACA Las Vegas luncheon on September 24 at the California Hotel.Â All proceeds of the silent auction amounted to $446.00 which will be directly mailed to the Lanaâ€™i High School Scholarship Fund.Â Unsold items were raffled off before the end of the event to several lucky folks.Â A special mahalo to the Maria Alboro Family for their generous donation to the scholarship fund.
Mahalo nui loa to Pedring Dugay and his beautiful ukulele donation which he raffled off at the luncheon.Â Pedring has generously donated his handcrafted ukuleles over the years with his raffle proceeds to the Lanaâ€™i High School scholarship fund.
Special mention to the annual Lanaâ€™i Invitational Golf Association who yearly donate their proceeds for the Lanaâ€™i High Scholarship Fund.Â Mahalo nunui for your years of dedication to Lanaâ€™i High!
Many thanks to Mr. David Lebbey (Asst. VP & GM) and staff of the California Hotel for the annual first prize raffle of a 5 days/4 nights gift certificate and for the annual second prize of a dinner package to the Redwood Grill.Â Also mahalo nui loa to Ms. Miranda Sierra, Catering Manager and her staff for their outstanding service and assistance.Â
Mahalo hou for unselfish volunteerism, generosity and aloha at this yearâ€™s event.
- Mrs. Terri Pascua, wife of Henry Pascua, Jr. (CO52) for her donation this year of the bright yellow & green crocheted luggage tags bestowed on each attendee.Â Last year she donated all of the crocheted water bottle carriers and is busy planning a new item for 2017.Â Terri is a proficient needle woman who teaches crochet classes in Honolulu.
- Sue Damian who initiated and spearheads the annual silent auction for many years with kokua from her nieces Trudi and Karoline.Â Sue carefully collects the items over the year from garage sales, huge store sales and donations to create an enticing silent auction table.Â Check it out â€“ youâ€™ll be surprised at the hidden treasures.
- Mrs. Ruth Nakasone, wife of the late Hideki Nakasone (CO51)created and donated the pineapple decorated notepads.Â Ruth also serves as the current LACA board treasurer.
- Marilyn and Norante Fernandez for their generous time in creating the yarn leis for this yearâ€™s luncheon.Â They and the rest of the LACA directors had an enjoyable time learning how to make the yarn leis.Â Norante made the most in the least time!Â Both serve as LACA directors.
- Monica Cockett and her two sons, Jason Perry and Lloyd Perry for creating the stunning centerpieces out of wood that depicted the island of Lanaâ€™i with a â€œtreeâ€ that held an array of handmade jewelry and flower hair pieces.Â All of the handmade pieces were created by Monica from shells, kukui nuts, beads, fabric and other materials that made the centerpieces literally sparkle.Â Mahalo hou to Monica, and her ohana for your generous donation of time, skills and creativity to enhance the LACA luncheon.
- Jeri Iba and Marge Asato for manning the Registration Table and keeping folks organized.Â The board is thankful for the smooth processing of registered attendees and directing folks to their luncheon tables.Â Marge serves as the LACA Membership Committee contact.Â Jeri is a long time volunteer and alumni with LACA activities.
- Joy Enfield has for many years volunteered as our â€œsecurityâ€ and assisting folks at the luncheon.Â Mahalo for your kindness.
- Cheryl Kapua and Monica Cockett for being lei greeters at the luncheon.Â Mahalo nunui!
The LACA board of directors thanks each and everyone for their aloha and kokua!